Advantages of forming technology of hydraulic press
Compared with the traditional stamping process, hydroforming technology has obvious technical and economic advantages in reducing weight, reducing the number of parts and dies, improving stiffness and strength, reducing production costs and so on. It has been applied more and more in the industrial field, especially in the automobile industry.
In the automotive industry, aviation, aerospace and other fields, reducing structural mass to save energy in operation is a long-term goal pursued by people, and is also one of the development trends of advanced manufacturing technology. Hydroforming is an advanced manufacturing technology for lightweight structure.
Hydroforming is also known as "internal high pressure forming". Its basic principle is that the tube is used as the blank, and the ultra-high pressure liquid is applied inside the tube. At the same time, the axial thrust is applied to both ends of the tube blank to supplement the material. Under the joint action of the two external forces, the tube blank material plastic deformation, and finally fit with the inner wall of the mold cavity, so as to obtain the hollow parts whose shape and precision meet the technical requirements.
Advantages of hydraulic press forming technology
For the hollow variable cross-section structural parts, the traditional manufacturing process is to form two half pieces first, and then weld them into a whole, while hydroforming can form the hollow structural parts with changes along the cross-section of the components at one time. Compared with stamping welding process, hydroforming technology and process have the following main advantages:
1. Reduce weight and save materials. For typical parts such as engine bracket and radiator bracket, the weight of hydroforming parts is 20% - 40% less than that of stamping parts, and the weight of hollow stepped shaft parts can be reduced by 40% - 50%.
2. Reduce the number of parts and molds and reduce the cost of molds. Hydroforming parts usually only need one set of dies, while most stamping parts need more than one set of dies. The number of engine bracket parts reduced from 6 to 1, and the number of radiator bracket parts decreased from 17 to 10.
3. It can reduce the welding amount of subsequent machining and assembly. Taking the radiator bracket as an example, the heat dissipation area increased by 43%, the number of solder joints decreased from 174 to 20, the process decreased from 13 to 6, and the productivity increased by 66%.
4. Improve the strength and stiffness, especially the fatigue strength. For example, the stiffness of the hydroforming radiator bracket can be increased by 39% in the vertical direction and 50% in the horizontal direction.
5. Reduce production cost. According to the statistical analysis of applied hydroforming parts, the production cost of hydroforming parts is reduced by 15% ～ 20% and the die cost is reduced by 20% ～ 30%.